National certificate in Information Technology (level 2)
This is an entry level qualification for individuals who • study at different fields but intend to learn basic skills in computing; or • intend to work in a range of basic positions within the information technology sector.
The purpose of this qualification is to provide businesses in Fiji with graduates who have attained a range of basic level IT competencies that are practical and valued. Graduates will be able to use these skills independently and contribute to business outcomes.
The student who has completed this certificate will be able to operate a personal computer and other digital devices, use software applications (such as word processing, spreadsheets and presentation software) and use the internet and email communications. Learners will gain confidence to use digital devices in a broad range of applications.
Overall Outcome Statement
Graduates of the National Certificate in Information Technology (Level 2) [Ref: NCIT2] will be able to demonstrate foundational knowledge and capabilities relevant to Information Technology.
A graduate of the National Certificate in Information Technology (L2) will demonstrate the ability to:
1. Use a personal computer and its operating system to access, organise and store information relevant to the context. 2. Describe the main concepts of Information Technology at a general level; 3. Use the main features of application software including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software and database software. 4. Use the Internet to source information. 5. Utilise email to communicate with other users. 6. Communicate and work effectively in an IT environment
Apply work safe practices and operate a computer using the office applications to type documents, use spreadsheets, use PowerPoint presentation and creating a database using tables or forms and access the internet.
- Unit # CG00402 Apply safe work practices in the workplace
- Unit# IT00012 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- Unit# IT00052 Use the main features and functions of a word processing application
- Unit# Use the main features and functions of a spreadsheet application for a purpose
- Unit# Produce a presentation using desktop presentation application
- Unit# Access and use the internet
- Unit# Use the main features and functions of a database application to create and test a database
Fundamentals of Information Technology
Use a personal computer and its operating system to access, organise and store information relevant to the context and describe the main concepts of information technology at a general level Communicate effectively in an IT environment by connecting hardware peripherals and using digital technologies and recognising basic security compliances
- Unit# Communicate effectively in an IT environment
- Unit# IT00032 Use computer operating system
- Unit# IT00042 Demonstrate knowledge of computing hardware, software and terminology to select a digital tools for specified purposes
- Unit# IT00092 Use digital communications technologies
- Unit# IT00112 Connect hardware peripherals
- Unit# IT00122 Recognise basic security and compliance issues
- Duration 35 week
- Max Students 100
- Enrolled 80
- Re-take Course 2
- Assessments Self